Sonica Schoeman Director, Quality and Risk
B Com Accounting Sciences (Cum Laude) (UP), B Com Hons Accounting Sciences (UP), CA (SA)
Sonica is a Director in the Quality & Risk Management Department specializing in IFRS.
Sonica studied a B Com at UP and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2005.
She started her career with Mazars in 2019 after completing articles at a competitor firm where she also served in an IFRS technical capacity for 14 years.
She spent 3 months on secondment in Calgary, Alberta in Canada during 2008 working on the diagnostic phase of various entities’ first time adoption of IFRS.
Sonica is also a skilled facilitator of internal and external IFRS training.
Her industries of expertise include:
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Mining & Metals
Sonica provides technical advice to the audit teams of our clients on various issues relating to IFRS.
Her IFRS-related work involves the following:
- IFRS advisory services to clients
- Writing accounting opinions and discussion papers
- IFRS training material preparation and presentation, both internally and externally
- Review of annual reports for IFRS-compliance
- Team member development
- Discussing and debating complex IFRS matters amongst team members
- SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)