Morne Saayman Partner
Morné Saayman joined Mazars in February 1997 and has been a Partner since March 2004. He currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Port Elizabeth office.
Morné’s career commenced with Mazars in 1997 as a Trainee Accountant and after a successful traineeship, qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2000. During his training, he gained valuable experience in audit and accounting work for medium to large owner-managed entities and the audit of subsidiaries of listed entities.
After his traineeship was completed in 2000, Morné was then appointed as audit manager where his technical expertise has played a major role in the improvement of audit standards within the firm and was promoted to partner in 2004.
Morné’s client portfolio includes medium to large private sector assurance engagements, accounting and tax services for small to medium business and consulting to high net worth individuals. These include clients in various sectors of the economy including FMCG Medical Service, Legal Services, Manufacturing, Construction, Wholesalers and Retailers.
Competencies and Skills
Morné has strong and consistent principles and always pays great attention to detail. He has a strong work ethic, is a pragmatic rational thinker and sets high standards for himself and others. Morné has a strong sense of duty, integrity, responsibility and respect for individuals.
Further skills are:
• Understanding of IFRS and IFRS for SME, Companies Act, Auditing Profession Act, International Auditing Standards and Income Tax Act
• Advanced analytical and problem solving ability
• Critical thinking skills and understanding of business issues
• Excellent team management skills
• SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)
• IRBA (Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors)