Mark Snow Partner - Audit
Mark is a Member of the National Governance Council and has over 35 years of experience in external audit, internal audit, risk management and governance. Mark completed his articles at one of the big four firms but has also worked at medium-sized firms which has exposed him to both large multi-national clients as well small owner-managed businesses. Prior to joining Mazars, Mark held the position of Group Risk Officer for a multinational construction group.
His experience is not only related to assurance but has also been involved in risk and governance consulting to a variety of organisations in a professional as well as commercial capacity. His experience was gained in both financial services as well as commerce and is summarized below:
• Developing risk management policies and strategies.
• Facilitating risk identification.
• Development of risk management frameworks, structures and reporting.
• Implementation of risk reporting and monitoring activities.
• Assessment of board structures and effectiveness.
• Development of board sub-committee charters and mandates.
• Assessment of compliance and assistance in respect of compliance with the King Code of Corporate Governance.
• Managing outsourced internal audit contracts
• Consulting to internal audit departments in respect of risk assessments, methodologies, staffing and software needs.
• Manage in house internal audit function
• South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Registered Auditor with IRBA