Jaco Ferreira Director
Jaco has been working at Mazars since February 1999. He was appointed as Director in October 2015 and manages a client portfolio that varies between small and medium size entities.
Jaco has 20 years’ experience in accounting and auditing and more than 5 years’ experience in B-BBEE verification and consulting.
He has experience in compilation, review and auditing of various entities with the owner managed businesses in all different sectors, including property, hospitality, manufacturing, automotive construction and retail.
He completed a Management Development Program at WITS in Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment in 2013. Since then he oversees the B-BBEE division for Mazars Port Elizabeth and is involved with B-BBEE verifications and consulting.
Jaco’s key clients that he worked on over the last couple of years include:
- DAR Automotive Group – automotive
- Oilco Engineering – engineering
- JPSM Group – mining contractors and property investment
- Fischer’s Jewelers – retail jewelers
- The Last Word Group – hospitality
- Tavcor Motor Group – motor industry
- REHAU Polymer – automotive
- Stenden – higher education
- The Swartkops Terminal – logistics
- Lodestone - retail
Competencies and Skills
Jaco is seen as a technical expert and ensures accurate outcome, has very strong ethics and has a high level of work performance. His skills include:
- Advanced analytical ability and project management skills
- Producing high standard of annual financial statements in IFRS and IFRS SME.
- Critical thinking and understanding of business issues
- Problem solving and high level of client interaction
- Excellent time and team management skills
- Preparing of budgets
- Achievement of specific budgets and deadlines
- Facilitate client meetings
- Involved with staff development and performance management
- Various client consulting
- Member of Mazars audit committee