Graham Molyneux Partner
Graham is a Tax Partner who joined Mazars in March 2018.
Previously he spent a combined 21 years with Deloitte and EY (including 8 years with the latter as a tax partner).
He also spent five years working in London for Deloitte advising large multinational clients on UK and international tax matters and he worked on a number of high profile M&A transactions.
- Graham’s main focus is advising clients on corporate and international tax matters, tax strategy and risk management, primarily in the financial services and retail sectors. In his previous role at EY, he was the firm’s tax account leader for various multinationals, including Old Mutual, Coronation, Pick n Pay, Clicks, Distell, Oxford University Press, and Chevron, responsible for revenues and service delivery across Africa.
- He has provided corporate and international tax advice to the clients mentioned above, including inter alia:
- African tax health checks
- Pan-African tax structuring advice (including insurance and reinsurance)
- Due diligence reviews
- Transfer pricing dispute resolution
- Various opinions on e.g. share schemes, BEE costs, place of effective management matters, five funds (insurance), new products, corporate restructures and renewable energy financial models
- While at EY, Graham was also responsible for signing off the tax component of numerous listed external audits, including (but not limited to):
- Woolworths Financial Services
- Pick n Pay, Clicks, Truworths
- Engen, BP
- Graham has delivered a number of tax strategy, internal audit, tax process/controls design and tax risk management projects, including for Nedbank, Old Mutual (multiple projects), MTN and Pick n Pay. A recent project entailed the design and documentation of key tax processes and controls across a number of African countries for a multinational group. He has been advising this same client on the formulation and execution of their group tax strategy for the past few years.
- In 2015 and 2017, Graham appeared on SABC TV as the live parliamentary in-studio tax expert for the Budget Speech.
- Bachelors in Commerce
- Post-graduate Diploma in Accounting
- Post-graduate Diploma in Tax Law
- CA (SA)
- UK Chartered Tax Advisor (ATIII)