Elizabeth Pretorius Partner
B.Com (Hons), CA (SA)
Elizabeth Pretorius has been a Partner with Mazars from 1st March 2011.
Elizabeth’s career commenced with Mazars in 2005 as a Trainee Accountant and after a successful traineeship, qualified as a Chartered Accountant (CA) in 2008. After her traineeship she was seconded to the New York office Weiser LLP to perform audits of various local, private entities.
Elizabeth rose from the ranks of Supervisor right up to Senior Manager before being made a Partner in 2011. Elizabeth’s client portfolio includes local private sector audits as well as local subsidiaries of internationally listed groups. These include clients in the Education, Medical Services, Manufacturing and PBO’s.
Competencies and Skills
Elizabeth has strong and consistent principles, and is practical in finding solutions to any obstacles that come her way; her practical and systematic approach brings order and structure when required, all done in a quietly confident and mature manner. Elizabeth is seen as an essential team member, with further skills being:
- A high level understanding of IFRS, Companies Act, Auditing Profession Act, International Auditing Standards, GAAP and Income Tax Act
- A high-level understanding of the audit of government grants currently available from the Department of Trade and Industry.
- Advanced analytical ability and audit project management skills
- Critical thinking skills and understanding of business issues
- Excellent time and team management skills
- SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- IRBA (Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors).
- Member of the SAICA PE District Association