Dave Bates Partner
Dave is the Managing Partner of the Durban office and represents this office both at National and International level. He is an Audit Partner dealing with Public Interest Entity Audits and Owner Managed Business Audits and Business Advisory.
Dave has the following experience:-
Professional experience -
- Articled Clerk Roberts Haley & Murray 1976-1980.
- SANDF Finance Corp 1981-1982.
- Audit Manager De Ravel Boulle Saad & Wyman 1984-1987.
- Partner Boulle Saad & Levin, Moores Rowland, Mazars Moores Rowland and Mazars 1988 to date.
- 2007/8 - Joint Managing Partner of Durban office. Representing Durban office on National Association and Exco Committee to achieve a National Practice. Maintain existing client base. Develop Durban office in terms of new clients, staff retention and professional quality.
- 2008/9 - Extend and expand Durban office to its full potential. Maintain and expand client base; both locally and nationally. Represent Durban office on Mazars Moores Rowland National Board and Exco Committee.
- 2009 to date - Changed name to Mazars. Represent Durban office on Mazars South Africa Board.
Relevant client experience (audit) -
- Partner in charge of public sector advisory or private sector attest experience included 5 major clients (PIE and large OMB) NCP Alcohols (Pty) Ltd, Conlog - Schneider Electric Group, Narrowtex (Pty) Ltd - SA Bias Group, Stefanutti Stocks Civils KZN (Pty) Ltd, Cullinan Holdings Ltd and Trellidor Holdings Ltd.
- Member of Mazars South Africa Board and Mazars South Africa Executive.
- Total work experience encompasses external audit/assurance work, business continuity, planning and valuation, corporate governance, quality assurance review and reporting at all levels, including Audit Committees and Board.
Dave holds a Bachelor of Commerce and an Honours Degree in Bachelor of Accounting Sciences and is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants. He is also registered as an auditor with the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors.
- Member of SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants)
- IRBA (Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors).
- Accredited by the JSE as a JSE registers auditor
- Registered with the Audits General for Pre Issuance Reviews