Governance as a business advisory process provides an exemplary structure for an organisation to work with. It promotes ethical behaviour, accountability and transparency. It encourages economic and financial stability and control, social and environmental responsibility and ethical investment policies and products. Ultimately, it results in enhanced shareholder value.
A clear governance strategy directs and guides an organisation and promotes understanding between shareholders, directors and management.
We are able to provide sound advice across all levels of organisational control on systems and procedures to ensure sound governance, while fulfilling responsibilities to stakeholders.
Our recommendations are tailored to suit your company’s ethos, highlighting any weak spots and filling in any gaps as we go. Typically we work across all or some of the following areas:
- boards, Directors and Committees
- strategic documents and plans
- risk management
- quality / inspection systems such as internal audit, customer service and human resources
- information systems
- financial management
As a result, your organisation benefits from governance by:
- a robust structure through which your organisation’s vision and mission are outlined and strategies are achieved
- stronger information systems, efficient operations and allocation of resources
- improved accountability, control and transparency
- the promotion of ethical behaviour and long-term sustainability
- improved relationships between stakeholders
- agreement of objectives and goals by the board, management and shareholders
- increased confidence from investors, enhancing your ability to attract stable sources of finance from local and international capital markets
- increased confidence amongst existing and potential trading partners, leading to increased potential for local and cross-border trade and favourable credit terms
Our services include:
- constructing an overall framework to achieve sound governance
- assessing your governance arrangements, benchmarking them against good practice and recommending improvements
- reviewing existing performance evaluation procedures for the Board Committees and Directors and making recommendations
- development of Audit Committee and Internal Audit Charters
- corporate Governance reviews (full or partial reviews based on the Kiing report on Governance and incorporating legislative considerations such as the Companies Act, PFMA, etc)
- educational workshops, to assist in instilling ‘good corporate values’
- assistance with the implementation of Audit and Risk Committees
Where appropriate, we also serve on Audit Committees, either as members or independent consultants.