Mazars Forensic Services helps manage risk by accurately and expediently unravelling financial mysteries. We use cutting edge methodologies to identify and prevent your business or organisation from becoming a victim of fraud, corruption or any form of white collar crime.
Why choose Mazars Forensic Services?
Mazars is part of a global firm with a presence in more than 73 countries. As a result, we are able to coordinate our forensic and investigation service to call on the international experience of our member firms thereby adding value to your business by giving you access to both global and local specialist knowledge and experience. Using a multi-disciplinary approach, we draw on accounting, auditing, investigative, IT, labour relations, legal and other expertise from both, inside Mazars and relevant external industry experts. Every request from a client is unique but, based on our vast experience, we pride ourselves on providing tailor-made and cost-effective forensic solutions for clients in both the private and public sectors.
Mazars Forensic Services offers a range of proactive and reactive forensic services which includes the following:
- Business intelligence
- individual (e.g. prescreening of employees)
- business (e.g. profiling and vendor due diligence)
- Forensic investigations into alleged fraud, corruption and theft, for the purposes of
- disciplinary proceedings
- criminal and or civil litigation
- Fraud awareness training
- General fraud and anticorruption consulting
- Fraud prevention programmes
- organisational fraud and anticorruption awareness surveys
- development of fraud and anticorruption policies and codes of conduct
- Assessment, monitoring and review of fraud and anticorruption policies and programmes
- Anti-money laundering policies and programmes
- Mazars Ethics Hotline Reporting Services
- Data analysis
- Dispute resolution
- Litigation support (including)
- preparation of claims (insurance, breach of contract and business interruption claims)
- asset tracing
- presentation of expert testimony
- Digital forensic analysis
- Data imaging, recovery, extraction and analysis
Mazars Forensic Services has developed a reputation in the marketplace for delivering results by identifying and reducing the prevalence of fraud and corruption across various private and public sector clients with whom we have worked. Our personal approach to every job, irrespective of size or sector, coupled with a meticulous attention to detail has earned us preferred supplier status for many clients.
Some of the sectors in which we have worked (but not limited to):
- Local and regional government
- Parastatals and State Owned Enterprises (SOE)
- Public interest entities (listed companies)
- Transport and logistics
- Travel, tourism and hospitality
The foundation of our business is built on the relationships we form with our clients. Our personal approach helps us understand your business needs better while giving our team a vested interest in the successful outcomes of the project.
Our vast exposure to the many areas of forensic investigations has helped us forge close links with industry experts, law enforcement and other related resources. These can be called upon to ensure you receive the best advice to make the most informed decisions and that you have the necessary support throughout the process. Our experience also provides us a deep understanding of the workings of the justice system and we have an extensive network in the South African Police Services and among the prosecuting communities.
Mazars Forensic Services will work with you to identify areas of risk and concern through engagement with you and your staff. We will ascertain the level of understanding of fraud or corruption and raise awareness of the initiatives with the long term aim of reducing the risk related to fraud, corruption or any form of white collar crime.
Not only can we work with you to put in place preventative controls and measures designed to make you less vulnerable to fraud; we can also guide you every step of the way through the complexities of forensic investigations, provide you with litigation support and dispute resolution services. We have extensive experience in the areas of disciplinary tribunals and in criminal and civil litigation flowing from forensic investigations.