During the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Mazars has implemented clear and decisive measures to ensure the welfare of our people and our clients while ensuring that we continue to deliver quality service for those who rely on us.
We would like to assure you that Mazars offices globally, and here in South Africa, are currently following the WHO's advice and guidelines, recommendations of the relevant government authorities and global guidelines of the Mazars Group aimed at limiting the spread of the virus. To this end, we have implemented internal procedures to minimize the risk to our clients, partners and employees.
To guide the firm’s response, Mazars has convened a crisis management task team. The team ensures that we have in place the systems and processes to monitor and disseminate official guidance, ensure adherence with policy, and maintain the continuity and quality of client service throughout.
INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE
ENSURING RESILIENCE AND MAINTAINING THE LEVEL AND QUALITY OF CLIENT SERVICE
Beyond protecting the welfare of our clients and people, Mazars’ first priority is to continue to deliver on our business commitments. As part of our existing contingency planning, we have implemented systems and procedures to ensure continuity and to minimise any disruption.
Operating Effectively Without Interruption
We have invested in technology and training that enables us to operate effectively should a situation necessitate that our employees work remotely in a given region.
- Our work-from-home processes allow for uninterrupted productivity which is enabled by industry-leading technologies and services.
- We will continue to use Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams to engage with clients should in-person meetings or conferences not be feasible.
- We have a further additional layer of redundancy through our ability to shift work across our global network of offices, when the most efficient response is needed.
Keeping Employees and Clients Safe
We are approaching COVID-19 outbreak with extreme caution to ensure the health and safety of our employees and clients.
- We have ceased all international employee business travel.
- We have ceased all domestic employee business travel and have strongly advised against personal employee domestic travel.
- We have also mandated a 14-day self-quarantine / remote work requirement for any employee who has travelled overseas.
- We regularly monitor conditions on the ground and are able to escalate to mandatory working remotely.
- We have cancelled all events for the foreseeable future and are abiding by the rule of no more than 100 persons at any social gathering or events rule.
- We are closely monitoring client events that have been scheduled in the coming months and are making decisions regarding events with an eye toward maximum caution and vigilance.
- We are closely coordinating with our suppliers (whether in affected areas or otherwise) and internal business units to ensure continuity of supply.
- We have replaced our non-alcoholic hand sanitizers with the equivalents used in hospitals. These are distributed in every bathroom.
- Cleaning companies and cleaners have been briefed to wipe down ALL surfaces (including handles to entrances, lift buttons, etc) with antibacterial disinfectant on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitizer for client use is also available at Reception.
- Our employees have been requested to avoid hand-shakes.
- Social distancing is being practiced in all offices and details of such is also present on notices in reception in order for clients to do the same.
- Many of our teams are currently working remotely.
- We encourage you to contact your Mazars contact person at any time during working hours by email or phone.
- We would be grateful if you can prioritize the delivery of documents in electronic form.
Thank you very much for your understanding.
The Mazars South Africa team
Mazars COVID-19 Business Defence Approach