Outsourcing the administration of your payroll and employee regulations management is not just a matter of getting someone else to do a specialised job. Having a team of remuneration services experts who actually know intimately the methods, regulations and legislation you must conform to within the context of your business and staff requirements can make life a whole lot easier for you.
Mazars' Remuneration Services team provide a full payroll service that includes:
- tax reconciliations
- IRP5 requirements
- audit reports
- salaries administration
- remuneration restructuring and advisory services
- advice on remuneration structuring
- applying for dispensations
- external audit and forensic reporting
- general employment law advice
- advice on/production of employment contracts
- pensions advice and implementation of pension schemes
- share options and incentive schemes
- salaries or payroll outsourcing and benchmarking
We also manage all communication with SARS, UIF, and WCA departments with a specialised knowledge of current legislation and changes in procedures that the business manager generally doesn’t have time to keep abreast of.
We can usually fix the fee for our services in advance so you can budget reliably. Whatever the size of your business, you can choose the level of service you require – whether it’s just preparing your annual statutory accounts or providing a fully bespoke payroll solution or implementing a salary system.
We also advise and assist businesses that are establishing themselves in South Africa for the first time on all matters relating to employee taxation and benefits.
Our highly professional payroll team will work with accuracy, confidentiality and compliance on all your payroll matters and - above all - we will ensure your staff are paid on time, every time.
We currently provide a payroll service for over 85 clients, which includes companies in the UK, Europe and America. Our clients vary in size, from very small firms with one or two employees to companies employing several hundred.
Working with you
When we take on your payroll duties we will assign you a professional as your exclusive contact for all your payroll issues and requirements. If you don't have in-house payroll expertise, this approach will reduce your costs and the administrative burden of employing experienced payroll personnel. This type of payroll service not only provides continuity, but we build a long lasting relationship.
We also provide more specialist tax and social security advice for both employees and employers of new companies starting business in South Africa for the first time. Our payroll expertise is further enhanced by in-house tax, HR, accounting and financial services.
All our clients are made aware of all statutory requirements and we will provide you with a service level agreement to ensure performance expectations are understood, monitored and achieved.
We work with different payment frequencies - weekly, monthly and irregular intervals.
Our payroll services include:
- PAYE, UIF and SDL registration for companies employing staff in South Africa for the first time
- advice regarding South African employees retaining social security liability in their home country
- laser printed payslips for all staff
- all calculations of PAYE, UIF and SDL
- processing share option schemes as required
- electronic filing of IRP5 reconciliations
- management reports tailored to your individual requirements
- paper or electronic data submission for amendments via email
- facility to import/export payroll data to Excel/CSV
- flexible deadlines for submitting payroll information
- ability to allocate costs by percentage or a fixed amount across departments/cost centres
- email EFT payment list to client, including payment to third parties such as SARS, pension, medical aid, etc
- dedicated helpline for payroll queries